Thursday, July 01, 2004

Boxing Stance

So, I've been working on learning how to box for about four weeks now. There's been some learning, but it's not quick, and it's not easy. I chose boxing because I liked the raw power of it. It's brutal as opposed to beautiful. It's taken me a long time to get used to the fact that I'll never be a delicate, fine-boned creature -- so instead, I'm conspiring to be an even more intimidating one.

I'll be beginning sparring next week, which should be cool. I have an aversion to hitting people -- I'm always afraid I'll hurt some one, or worse; I'm afraid I'll *like* hurting someone. Getting hit has never been a concern. I don't mind taking hits. I don't mind blood or pain or any of that. I'm afraid I'll knock somebody down who won't get up again.

Suffice to say, however, that I expect to be getting my ass kicked for the next six months. Hurting other people shouldn't be an issue.

Be the first to sound off!