Monday, May 23, 2005

$1.94

The amount of money I currently have in my checking account until I get paid on Friday, just in time for Wiscon.

Oh, joy.

And also: first monthly bleeding with an IUD - ha ahaha oh, what joy, what fun for everyone! With all this blood, I could throw a party, or take part in a Satanic ritual. Blood rites, indeed.

Straight women really get screwed on this whole contraception deal. I'm told it'll be 1-3 months before I even out. It beats depression, but it sure as hell knocks ya flat the first month.

2 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

I haven't gotten round to blogging about my IUD experience yet. I don't know if I'm even going to leave it in place; I'm not entirely sure yet that this is better than a hysterectomy. I haven't really stopped bleeding entirely since it was installed, and I'm not depressed, exactly -- just paranoid & hostile, with painfully swollen breasts. I can see why it's such an effective contraceptive. I may never have sex again! 

Posted by alphabitch

Anonymous said...

It took me a week to feel totally normal again, and then, of course, my period started... Everybody's different. I'm going to give it the full three months before I decide what I want to do.

So far, I'm happy with it, but if I'm bleeding for two weeks every month for the rest of my life, there's gonna have to be a change... 

Posted by Kameron Hurley