Friday, June 24, 2005

Friday Beer Blogging: It Ain't No Negra Modelo

Was hankering for a beer last night, but stopping at the local liquor joint, I found that they didn't have any of my Negra Modelo. I never nearly didn't bother getting anything at all, but a buddy of mine has a husband who's a beer snob, and he'd recommended a couple other beers. I snagged a six pack of one that looked like something from his list, and bought.

Yuck.

It ain't no Negra Modelo.

4 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

If Newcastle Brown Ale is on your buddy's husband's list, then your buddy's husband isn't a beer snob, he's a beer poseur. Or he could be sixteen, but I figure you would have mentioned that. 

Posted by Christopher

Anonymous said...

Yea, I seriously don't know what went wrong. All I can figure is that I wrote it down wrong, or read it wrong.

I now have 5 shitty beers in my fridge. Ug. 

Posted by Kameron Hurley

Anonymous said...

Newcastle is pretty good on tap, but it's best to avoid imports that come in a clear or green bottles. Apparently they react to the light during transport.

If you can't find Negra Modelo, you might try Bohemia instead. Or Capital Dark from Madison. I hear Sprecher makes a good dark bavarian, but I've never had it.

I miss Strohs Dark on tap, from back in my college days.

I sure am thirsty all of a sudden. 

Posted by HeyTrey

Anonymous said...

Yuuuum.

Thanks for the recommendations, Trey! NM has been a bitch to find at the local corner store and is only intermittantly available at the local grocery store.

Sooo sad. 

Posted by Kameron Hurley