Friday, October 28, 2005

What I Did This Week

Me: We're short on tower crews because they can make twice as much money in NOLA repairing the entire cell tower system out there. We're wheeling and dealing with who've we've got, "Sweetening the deal" whenever we can.

B: So, basically, you're telling me that tower crews are like mercenaries.

Me: Yea, pretty much.

B: So you're "in the field" hiring mercenaries.

Me: Yep. That's about right. And "flatlining the bar."

And I'll just let you guys figure out that last bit.

2 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

HA! So I (like many, many others, I suspect) found my way to your blog from Salon, and absolutely loved your post. (I, like you, finished reading Dowd's article and wondered aloud, "Who the hell ARE these women who want to 'catch' these pathetic men who find them intimidating???") Anyway, kept scrolling through your other posts because, well, I can... and discovered that you work for the same lovely company that my husband does. And we CONSTANTLY make "raising the bar" jokes, because it's just so easy. Still, though, glad to learn there's someone else who makes the commute out from the city, because his coworkers are shocked - SHOCKED! - that anyone would want to live anywhere other than the suburbs. Which is alarming, to say the least. Anyway, keep up the good work! 

Posted by mcm

Kameron Hurley said...

hahahahahahah

Actually, I work for a company contracted to the bar. I sat in the bar offices listening to some wonderfully scathing jokes last week.

heh heh

Glad you're enjoying the site.

 

Posted by Kameron Hurley