Tuesday, December 13, 2005

And After All That...

Good things, for once. Morning weights, writing, gym, sensible food, short walks at work, chatting with my writing buddy Patrick, credit card minimum payments are paid, good stuff in NY this weekend, and I'll be at the Oregon Coast next week. Sweet.

Big, deep, breath.

Anyway, back to writing, then dinner.

And guess what I got for Christmas? The regional VP gave away 30 years worth of National Geographic Magazines in the collector's hardbound covers. I got all of them.

They are fucking sweet.

And fucking heavy.

I've been dragging them home one at a time for nearly a month. Almost done.

They make me very happy.

7 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

clindsay said...

Sweet!

All I got for Christmas this year was laid off. Oh, well. More time for reading and working out. 

Posted by La Gringa

Anonymous said...

OMG! 30 years of NatGeo?! Geez, that's a lot of shelf space. Plenty of neat pics too. I made a deal with my old graduate library to keep all their NYRB's after they had microfilmed them (a vastly silly exercise). It was a singular crowning achievement when I could afford my own subscription, but plenty of the old ones were very neat indeed. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ' 

Posted by VJ

Anonymous said...

Kam, are you doing an Oregon Coast writers workshop, or is the Oregon Coast some other name I don't recognize? 

Posted by Patrick

Jennifer said...

I'm leaving on a jet-plane. Set for Africa and new experiences. 

Posted by jennifer

Kameron Hurley said...

Hey Patrick. Actually, I'm going back to WA for the holidays next week, and we're spending Christmas at the Oregon Coast. I'd love to to the novel writing workshop next year, but apparently, they've moved it from the house to a hotel, and that's just lame...

So, we'll see. 

Posted by Kameron Hurley

Andygrrl said...

Vintage National Geographics rock. I have a couple from the summer of 1929 that make me cringe, they're full of ads for investment firms and round-the-world cruises and shiny Studebakers... 

Posted by Andygrrl

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, National Geographics in hardcover?! Thirty years worth?

I am so *verry* fucking jealous.

En-joy! 

Posted by Kyra