Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Oh, Dear

There's nothing so disheartening as receiving an email from a new project manager that reads like it's been written by somebody who's barely literate.

Doesn't exactly inspire much faith.

3 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

David Moles said...

Oh, I don't know. There's the part where the product manager starts playing grammar and punctuation for laughs and making deliberate mistakes in meetings and presentations in order to show off how unimportant he or she thinks literacy is. That's pretty disheartening.

Posted by David Moles

Kameron Hurley said...

Naw, sadly, I think this guy was just dead serious. It started with "Gooing forward," and pretty much got worse from there.

Though I gotta say, I'd love to get paid 60K a year to "goo" forward... 

Posted by Kameron Hurley

David Moles said...

Well, the case I'm thinking of, the guy only started doing it on purpose after I started pointing out when he did it by mistake. Masking an inferiority complex, clearly, but I can only muster so much sympathy when he should never have been given the job in the first place. 

Posted by David Moles