Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Still Feeling Down

If I don't cut it out, this is going to start sounding like Simon's journal... (ha. No offense, dude).

Trying to work on rewrite of fantasy saga today. Haven't been sleeping well all week, and the last two nights I've had horrible leg cramps that have literally woken me up from a sound sleep 3-4 times during the night. My credit card balance looks like the GNP of a small South American country (ah, healthcare costs and retail therapy. Wheee!). Still swinging on the relationship rope, not sure what to do, not sure what I want. Really burned out at work.

There are all these big decisions to make that make HUGE differences in the next large chunk of my life, and I really don't want to make them. I want to run away and join the Peace Corps or something.

Alternatively, I'd just like to write books and buy a beach house with a lot of land and a stream and put books in it. In the house, I mean. Not the stream. Or the beach.

I think I'm just tired.

2 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

Too much funk, not enough funkiness. Lots of bad news convergence too, it can kill you if you don't watch out for it. Look at Coretta, laid low the same day Alito got by. Life sometimes is a series of desperate rear guard actions just to keep you ahead of the Mongul hordes. Here's wishing you brighter moments. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'  

Posted by VJ

Anonymous said...

Blogging when you're down can be therapeutic, I've found. But hopefully my posts will start getting happier, even though I've been really stressed lately. 

Posted by Simon Owens