Thursday, August 10, 2006

These Are *Not* Short-Needle Syringes

I always worry when a pharmacist screws up and gives me something other than what I've asked for, even if it's "just" a shorter-needle syringe.

It always makes me wonder: what else are they screwing up?

6 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

PerpetualBeginner said...

Word. I've never felt the same about pharmacists since the day my FIL took what he thought was a generic for his normal blood-pressure medication.

Only after he'd been dragged to the ER for what we thought was a stroke, did we discover he'd been given Thorazine instead.

Now I make my dad give me last year's PDR each time he gets his new one, so I can identify the new pills myself.

That Girl said...

You have no idea! My son takes 5 or 6 meds a month so the amount of screwups just multiplies.
The worst isnt even the screwup itself - it's the attitude. I've been told "Everyone makes mistakes" "It's fixed now so what do you want from me?" "It's the doctors fault" (it wasnt), "We shouldnt have to do the math". For my baby son's heart medication!
No matter where you go, too. It's a crying shame.

Jackie M. said...

Robots. Replace all the pharmacists with robots.

Kameron Hurley said...

Jackie, isn't that supposed to be David's suggestion??? :)

Jackie M. said...

Eh. You snooze, you lose!

David Moles said...

Damn time zones...