Thursday, August 02, 2007

Life

I've been living and breathing God's War edits for the last week and subsisting primarily on Chipotle burritoes and working internet-distraction-free at the local Books&Co.

Seriously, living and breathing edits. I write work-related stuff all day and do edits on my own time, come home, work out, bike to Chipotle, bike to Books&Co and write all night.

Yo ho a writer's life for me.

My brain feels like a wrung-out sponge. I've added fifty pages of new text and cleaned up some dodgy scenes. It's a better book. I read the end of a scene tonight and nearly cried, whether because the book's so damn good that I feel for the character in a way I didn't before, or just because I've been so immersed in this damn thing that I couldn't help getting a little weepy at all the pathos cause I'm spending more time with these people than I am with people in real life.

Either way:

Yo ho.

1 comments so far. Got something to say?