Monday, March 24, 2008

Results of My Fitness Test

As part of our health and wellness program at work, we do fit tests every three months.

The results?

My weight = the same

My body fat percentage = the same

Resting heart rate = improved

Pushups = 8 more than last time

Situps = the same

Measurements = lost almost two inches around my hips and half an inch around my waist.

The rest?

You guessed it.

About the same.

This is why I don't use a number on a scale to measure my progress. I measure progress by pushups and heartrate, honestly.

4 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Jackie M. said...

I measure my progress by the formula:

P = (M * 0.01 E)/(T_c * T_r) + W + 0.17 T_e

where M = miles I can hike in day, E = elevation change in feet during hike, T_c = time in hours to complete the hike, T_r = viable work hours lost to migraine/arthritis afterwards, W = average in pounds of my preferred freeweight, and T_e = minutes I last on the elliptical.

*nods*

Jackie M. said...

(That was totally tongue-in-cheek. But suddenly I'm thinking I ought to track that number...)

Kameron Hurley said...

Can you do my new econ homework for me please???????

The book is SCARY!!!!

Jackie M. said...

Just give me a minute to work out a formula for how much I charge by the hour...