Tuesday, April 01, 2008

As the World Turns

My parents worked for a local PNW (Pacific Northwest) burger chain, Burgerville, for 25 years. They were both fired about ten years ago within 24 hours of each other during a big muckity-much shakeup.

For the last five years or so, my dad has owned a Pizza Schmizza franchise, also a local chain.

Today, my mom sent me this e-mail:

"Yesterday Figaro's Pizza bought out Pizza Schmizza and
today Starbucks bought Burgerville."

Damn.

It's a changing world, yo.

5 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

David Moles said...

Starbucks.

David Moles said...

April fools?

Treat Queen said...

I hope it was April Fools because I liked Burgerville, and I hope they don't change the walla walla onion rings. And the real ice cream shakes. Not that I actually live anywhere close to a Burgerville anymore.

Kameron Hurley said...

Probably is an April fool's.

Our one at work today wasn't fucking funny either.

Anonymous said...

You got me with that one... until I remembered what day it is and did a google news search. *whew*