Thursday, July 17, 2008

Home Again, Jiggety Jig

Came home, changed out to a new omnipod (I keep wanting to say ipod heh heh heh), cried for awhile.

Tested at 35. Ate some graham crackers and cried some more.

I hate being broken.

I hate it more than anything in the whole world. I hate being dead already, just limping along with the help of synthetic insulin.

I hate being broken.

Crying some more.

Tomorrow will be better.

That's all living with chronic illness is for me, really: that stubborn conviction that tomorrow will be better.

Getting the sweats and the shakes at the sugar comes back up.

Fucked up cyborg, I am.

Limping along.

Tomorrow will be better.

6 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Unknown said...

::hug::

Anonymous said...

I Love You

Suzanne said...

You had me in tears, Kameron. I'm so sorry you have to put up with so much. I can't begin to imagine what it's like but I follow your struggle with its ups and downs with interest and sadness. This is probably what makes your writing have the depth it does.

Anonymous said...

sugar blues are a and The bitch... you will deal with this, you will

damn pumps and shiatch

like anonymous said..

hormones are the biotch as well, it's bad enough that we as women have to deal with that in and as well...

just remember when standing on that place.. your center... it's not lost, it's not lost

grieve eh, for a little while and get on with it.. step at a time step at a time...

^5


Sky

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your going through such a rough time.

Innernet hugs!

Kameron Hurley said...

Thanks, all. It's just going to be a really rough couple of weeks.

Most of the time, you can forget that you're sick, and then there are those times it comes rushing back with a vengeance. It pisses me off.