Thursday, October 13, 2005

Writing Schedule

Oddly enough, I've still got God's War slated to be finished by year's end. Not sure how I'll pull that off, but I've got a strong beginning, a strong outline, and strong research. I've taken some downtime for research recently, but this weekened should get me back into the groove.

I'd also really like to get back on the short story route. I'd like to finish:

The Boxing Magicians of Faleen

A story about a boy who wants to be a boxing magician, set in the same world as God's War.

Heroes

A dark little peice about madness, torture, flying women, and cannibalism. Yay!

I'd also like to send something to a couple of anthologies including Clash of Steel, and From the Trenches (war stories, baby!).

I had a depressing look over at Ralan at the current OK-paying SF/F zines out there, as I've been doing so much work on novels, I've ignored short markets. For good reason, it seems: they're mostly closed to submissions.

Yay.

3 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Jeremy said...

The Fortean Bureau is closed, but I have a couple of slots I want to fill--you'd be welcome to send me something if you had something you thought is right for us. Your last several have been _very_ close calls. 

Posted by JeremyT

Jeremy said...

Wow, the grammar in my last post is atrocious. Anyway. Send us something.

Kameron Hurley said...

Heh heh

Thanks, Jeremy. If I come up with something that I think will fit, I'll definately send it your way... 

Posted by Kameron Hurley