Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Fucking Sweet

Interview with Christopher Priest in this month's Locus.

Christopher Priest is my hero.

I recommend this (I've read it four times) and this (ah, my inspiration for war and bug tech), to start. It's fantastic mindfucking fiction.

In a totally literary way.

2 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

David Moles said...

I read Inverted World at a really young age (like, nine or ten) and it blew my mind. Read The Separation a couple of years ago and it blew my (I hope much more sophisticated by that point) mind all over again. Mr. Priest is the Man. (Haven't read The Affirmations though -- have to track it down.)

Kameron Hurley said...

Must.. read... The Affirmation...

Every writer should read this book. It's the second-best book I've read featuring a.. let's just call him "unreliable" narrator.