Wednesday, July 26, 2006

God, I Hate This Job

OK, I need to stop whining. I need to get my shit together, or nothing is ever going to get done, nothing is every going to change.

Deep breath.

4 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

That Girl said...

I dont mind the whining (your word) at all, but it appalls me how hard you are on yourself.
You went through a life-changing event. Moving in with someone takes at least one year to get used to. Pregnancy takes at least a 2 year toll on your body. Grief over death can take at least a year to assimilate.
I understand the need and the desire to make plans, and certainly I understand the desire to not make something beyond your control the only focus of your life for a period of time.
Dont you think you are only retarding your growth into this new person?
You need a year. You deserve at least a year. All the work it took to become the you you became after leaving abusive guy - it didnt happen overnight. Neither will this.
I wish there was something I could do to help you. Let me know if there is.

Kameron Hurley said...

Yea, but you know, I just lost a whole year of my life to being sick. I don't want to lose another whole year being sad and unproductive.

The average lifespan of a type 1 diabetic is shortened by 15 years.



I already felt like I was running a race, and you know, the stakes just went up.

Jackie M. said...

That's an average. Averages are meaningless without standard deviations.

You'll do better than average, because you'll be one of the rare folks who actually gets her sugar under control and keeps it there.

David Moles said...

What Jackie said. Read Stephen Jay Gould's essay about being diagnosed with cancer.