Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Note to Self:

Though I may, in fact, be sitting up listening to Chris Pureka songs on repeat, posting the lyrics of said songs, in this instance, might make this look like some kind of teenage angst blog, and I'm not particularly angsting tonight.

But man, sometimes songs feel so good. It's not just lyrics, just as fiction isn't just words. It's telling the story with emotion, with passion; it's drawing that all up out of me and making me feel it all over again.

Evoking those pent up emotions - anger, pain, love, joy, heartache, betrayal, hope, rage - somehow validates them, and when they're validated, you can channel them into something powerful. Instead of it being a weakness, all that passion becomes a strength. It drives you.

That's magic, I think. And power.

I love being a writer, yo. I want to be a writer this good, this passionate. I don't want to just tell you about it - I want you to feel it.

So anyway:

Driving North

Great album.

3 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

clindsay said...

Chris Pureka.

WOW.

You are SO gay. ;-)

Kameron Hurley said...

You say that like it's a BAD thing!! :)

clindsay said...

Not at ALL. Have a BIG crush on Ms. Pureka, myself. Um, as do most other dykes I know. Heh.