Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Family Fun

And, it appears my family has shown up in the comments section.

I love the internet.

2 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

Your beliefs mirror my beliefs that I posted over at my journal almost completely. Well, aside from maybe my super liberal beliefs about halfway through the entry, but I readily agree that the Democrats need to focus more on educating the country so that the youth will grow up more liberal. And Democrats need to start standing up for liberal issues if we are expected to vote for them. 

Posted by Simon Owens

Anonymous said...

Yea, my dad called last night (he's a moderate Republican) and we had a good chat about politics, youth, and the way the far left can change things a piece at a time (all that youthful energy). I also told him that the next time he comments in my comments thread, he needs to put his last name, so I don't go on a steaming rant against him thinking he's a conservative troll ;)

He did bring up the fact that the majority of the what may have been the most America-changing youth - his generation, who came of age in the 60s and 7Os, have pretty much settled down into the yuppie lifestyle, got a couple of SUVs, stock options, and are leaving the hard fights to young, pissed-off people like us who have less invested in the system.

And, honestly, after this election, I can see why all the hippies got tired. You've only got so much steam, and it can only be knocked out of you so many times.

I do believe in change, but I worry about how much a country's attitudes can be eased when absolute power is given to its leader, whose prior leadership has been dubious at best.

I think our biggest job over the next four years is going to have to go toward trying to keep this guy's power in check. There may not be enough left for anything else.

Which may be their goal.  

Posted by Kameron Hurley