Thursday, September 23, 2004

The Usual

Picked up another of the usual sort of rejects from Datlow for one of my shorts, the WMD story. She said there's not "enough to the story" which I can't complain about. There's not. But I like the story anyway.

I've been wondering if there's a form reject for SciFiction (cause I've never seen it), and if Datlow is really signing these, or her slush reader signs for her (I don't think Kelly Link is still reading the slush, is she?). Every reject I've gotten from SF (and I have a great collection) has been typed and signed and addressed to me, and she always asks for more. The language varies (like all editors, there are common reasons for reject, but never identical letters).

So, I take this as a good sign. In another ten years, I might start selling stories there.

Ha. Persistence.

In other news, I'm taking tomorrow off work, because "work" is just a ridiculous term for it.

5 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

There is a form reject. I used to receive them back in high school. They said, "I can't use the story for the site, sorry."

Kameron Hurley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kameron Hurley said...

Ok, that's actually good to know. I don't feel so much like I'm banging my head against a wall, here.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that anonymous comment was from me. I forgot to sign my name.

--Simon Owens

Kameron Hurley said...

Yea, I figured that was you. I don't know many regular writers who were "in highschool" when there was a Sci Fiction site (it's only two years old!) ;) ha