Saturday, December 04, 2004

Hello Hello

A big welcome to all of those visitors streaming in from the LJ feminist & misc. friend forums, and a big thanks to Ann for sending them my way... My hit count tripled yesterday.

Great to have you here.

2 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

No ma'am thank you. I have grown up always being confused as to why I resisted "the mold" and why I couldn't just be what I was supposed to be. It did not feel right, I was poisoning myself with self doubt.
With time and reading about women like yourself, I feel like I was right all alone. That being the quotes by Toni Morrison and Rebecca West. 

Posted by Cristina

Anonymous said...

One of the greatest things about the internet, and blogging in particular, is being able to find more and more people who feel that there's something wrong with them for not fitting into some kind of 50s America "mold." Because then it goes from being "I'm just weird" to "shit, there's a lot of us. Maybe it's not us that's weird, it's the social expectations."

The same thing happened in th 60s and 70s, when all of these women got together and suddenly realized that they weren't the only ones who felt like shit about the system and wanted to change the rules.

Ideally, I'd love to see the backlash swept away, and not allow women to ever forget that they're not alone for not "wanting what women are supposed to want" or wanting it at the wrong time, in the wrong place, with the wrong person and etc. etc. and making it OK for women to feel that they have a voice to change things with.

That would be cool.  

Posted by Kameron Hurley