Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Serenity

Yay!

All my friends are together again!

6 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

Yes!!! I have been looking forward to this for *ages*. I got to see the full series about a year ago, in the correct order, and was very sad that there was not anything else to see when we were done watching it. 

Posted by Wendryn

Anonymous said...

Whoooohooooo!!

Yes, I am very excited. I miss those guys... 

Posted by Kameron Hurley

Anonymous said...

arrgh - damn PC computer! won't... play... fucking... trailer... can't... download... new... WMP... bah...!

and here i am trapped at work until i can get home to a computer that works - so tell me: who'd they cut? i heard they had to dump one of the main characters... i'm hoping a little it was Book. i mean, i don't want them to drop anyone really, but i think i'd miss him the least (tho i am convinced his backstory was going to prove interesting - my guess: originally high ranking government agent/assassin who joined the monastery b/c of a crisis of conscience) - but i can't really imagine the series with any of the other folk missing...

yea Firefly! twas a tragic day when they cancelled thee... the bastards!
 

Posted by jam

Anonymous said...

EEk!

They dumped a character? Shit, now I have to watch the trailer again!! 

Posted by Kameron Hurley

Anonymous said...

my bad. i have apparently been duped by early rumor mongering! i gots mongered i tell ya!

anyhoo, the whole cast still seems to be listd in the movie credits so hopefully that means they all will be featured (& not just in some brief cameo) - i also heard (fingers crossed) that it's the first in a trilogy! so that's plenty o' room for everyone to get their stories told

but man, that trailer don't leave much to the imagination, do it? and i guess they're going to go with River being some secret super assassin... which is fine i guess... i think i was hoping they might actually come up with something, y'know, original  for her - the magic of her character was the mystery of her potential - but whatevs i ain't really complaining: i always enjoy seeing a woman kungfu kick the living crap out of a buncha badguys! ;)

p.s. did you know Whedon is supposedly going to do a Wonder Woman movie? 

Posted by jam

Anonymous said...

Dude, yea, I heard he's doing the Wonder Woman movie. That's gonna be really interesting....

I can totally see them doing a trilogy with the Firefly movies, but I think that's totally going to rest on how well it does in theaters. I know I'm going to be pestering everybody I know to go and see it. Damn, I miss those characters. 

Posted by Kameron Hurley