Thursday, June 09, 2005

I Blew Off Work

And I used to be such a nice girl...

Anyway, called in and took some PTO (Paid Time Off) time.

Here's my to-do list:

Vacuum the rugs - done
Clean the bathroom - done
Sweep and and spot-checked the kitchen floor - done
Call back new recruiter - done
Try to schedule routine follow-up PP appointment - done (full today)
Water plants and pinch off basil - done

Do the dishes
Make the bed
Finish putting final chip coating on the sink
Eat pancakes for breakfast
Print out latest version of Book One
Finish first "real" chapter of God's War (including prologue)
Continue research with latest books from library
Go on long bikeride along the lakefront and get a great tan

Sounds like a productive day....

Enjoy yourselves, my chiklits!!

3 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me! I'm taking tomorrow off as a mental health day myself. I'm planning to do only fun things and a bit of retail therapy.

Can you drop me an email? I have a question to ask you about your IUD that I'd rather not ask in comments. 

Posted by Natalie

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Kam. Good to take a day off when the work is slow anyway... and it's nice to work someplace that actually gives you PTO benefits. :) 

Posted by Patrick

Anonymous said...

Yea, P, it's just been such an incredibly useless week at "work." PTO banks kick total ass.

I like the freedom of it. And, honestly, there's lots of stuff I need to do around here, lifewise. So, fuck it, why not?  

Posted by Kameron Hurley