Monday, June 20, 2005

Top 5 Worst Readings

VanderMeer shares his top ten worst author reading experiences.

#5 – World Horror Convention II, 1993

My reading at the second World Horror Convention, in Nashville, Tennessee, was probably the lowest point for me of any reading. No one was there except my wife, Ann. I was going to just leave, but Ann insisted I read anyway. So I launched into “The Bone-Carver’s Tale.” About fifteen minutes into the reading, two people showed up. It was still the loneliest reading I’ve ever endured and I came out of it convinced that I was never going to amount to a hill of beans.

2 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

What changed your mind? 

Posted by Banjo

Anonymous said...

Uhhhh... That's not my reading, it's VanderMeer's. You'll have to ask him :) 

Posted by Kameron Hurley