Monday, June 27, 2005

Workaday, Workadoo



I've started getting myself familiar with some very basic Arabic.

It's a fun little exercise. Arabic is a neat language to write. The biggest gripe I've got so far is the right-to-left reading and writing bit.

It's a bitch.

But very pretty.

2 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

The cool thing about Arabic is the verb conjugation - well, verb conjugation and the patterned permutations of the tri-geminal roots - very mathmatical and regular, unlike English. Makes it a lot easier to pick up than they tell you. 

Posted by inkgrrl

Anonymous said...

Haven't gotten that far yet, but I must say, I really am enjoying it. Part of that has to do with how it's written, and how the letters look different depending on if they're at the beginning, middle, or end of a word. You'd think it'd be really confusing, but I find it terribly cool, and I've always found the script absolutely beautiful.

Being able to sort out letters and sounds from it - even at the most basic level - after all this time is pretty neat. 

Posted by Kameron Hurley