Monday, July 11, 2005

Fuck It, I'm Going to the Beach

Blew off work completely.

I'm going to the beach with a blanket, a copy of Kelly Link's Magic For Beginners, Singularity Sky by Charlie Stross, a notepad, and fucking enjoying myself.

But before that, I'm going to go buy some pancakes at the local pancake house, deposit my tax refund, and buy something decadent from the Women & Children First Bookstore.

This whole worklife 8-5 bullshit just doesn't do anything for me. It's not what I want. I don't know how much longer I can work a shitty job.

4 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

This must be contagious. I've been cursing the 8-5 in almost identical words.

I started looking yesterday, but everything I look for is what I've already done because it's what I know how to do...

Hope the beach was divine! 

Posted by Lavalady

Anonymous said...

Yea, after a while, they all just start to sound the same, huh?

I should make greeting cards. Those things go for 5 bucks a piece these days. 

Posted by Kameron Hurley

Anonymous said...

I took 5 hours of aptitude testing to be told I would be best at what I'm trying to escape from. I think that almost anything gets repetitive and boring after awhile (maybe even our passions if it becomes our sense of income)....we expect more from life now..... I laughed when I read your comment about greeting cards..having read your blog for awhile i can just imagine the kind of cards you'd make....kinda like the kinda cards I'd make...  

Posted by katagirl

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh yea.

The Brutal Woman greeting card line...

I can see it now, all too clearly...  

Posted by Kameron Hurley