Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Oh, Danika Darling






















VS.

























I think she looks hotter in the jump suit, personally. I'm hoping that her new promotions involve her wearing more clothes.

Why?

Would you see a male race car driver posed with no clothes in front of a car?

Um. No.

See, I have no problems with selling products using your image. The Williams sisters got some great Nike contracts, and Nike has some great ads (of course, with their religious upbringing, I don't think their father would let them be caught dead half-dressed for any reason, which gets into issues of why in the hell 20-something women are still getting bossed around by their dads, but I digress). Anyhow, as somebody who's always looking for ways I can get my passion to give me two pennies to rub together, I can see the allure of throwing on a bikini and photoshopping in front of a car.

But ideally I'd prefer the ad to say something more about my image than, "I can wear a red bikini and look super sexy after a good airbrushing."

I mean, shit, after a good air brushing I'd look good in a red bikini.

If you want to sell shit with bodies, why not sell us people instead of flesh? Why not sell greatness, talent, people who are really fucking good at stuff? I guess it's easier to sell stuff if you think, "Hey, I'll buy XXX and then I'll be hot!!"

Instead of, "Hey, buying XXX will help me on my way to being a super athlete!"

I gotta say I'm not surprised Danika's taking her clothes off, but I was hoping for better.

1 comments so far. Got something to say?

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm in favor of male racecar drivers doing advertisements in the near buff. Some more than others, but I'm not too particular.

That doesn't mean we have to keep it up, though. Way I see it, they have hundreds of years of catching up to do. 

Posted by Ismone