Thursday, December 29, 2005

In Which the Protagonist Returns

Got back home to Chicago after reasonable airport delays and promptly fell into bed. I caught my mom's cold, and it's a crappy one. Had a great time spending Christmas at the Oregon Coast, at the Goonie beach.



It was incredibly relaxing, which is just want I needed. I was pretty burned out on everything. Got to catch up with a couple friends and did a lot of shopping. All my clothes are too big, and a belt will only get you so far.

Looks like I won't quite reach my book deadline, but I blame that on the fact that my computer crashed and I'm now using a backup laptop whose internet connection doesn't work for some reason, and swapping files back and forth without gmail is a bitch. Wrote out the final outline for the last part of the book so I have a map that ties up all the loose ends. Should bang out a lot this weekend.

Anyway, back to Chicago, piles of half-melted snow, but at least it's 30 degrees out instead of 10. Sorely in need of sleep and grocery shopping tonight.

Because of the dead computer, things may be quiet here until I can get it fixed or get a new one.

So it goes.

3 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

I sent out an invite to Gmail to you. See what Technology Review had to say about them this month too though. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ', ga. 

Posted by VJ

Kameron Hurley said...

Actually, I *do* have a gmail account - what I'm missing is the internet connection. The backup laptop won't connect to our network. I need to track down the LAN card software and reinstall it. 

Posted by Kameron Hurley

Anonymous said...

I thought as much, sorry for the misunderstanding. Good luck with getting all the spare parts working. Cheers, 'VJ' 

Posted by VJ