Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Writing Life

Well, I think I'll sit here and take my mind off impending layoffs by making shit up.

Not sure how much I want to prophesize potential series endings in chapter one, but at the same time, I'm a big believer in creating our own destiny, and these two characters are people who, well, *do* that.

Heh. Dunno. Might be too cheesy.

In any case, on to the last round of edits for tDW.



"I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again." - Oscar Wilde

"Life is what happens to a writer between drafts." - Dennis R. Miller

"Stories may well be lies, but they are good lies that say true things, and which can sometimes pay the rent." - Neil Gaiman

2 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

Well, hopefully if you do get laid off, you can maybe take a month off to get a lot of writing done. I'm sure you'll be fine and be able to find another job easily.

Anonymous said...

I'm of the grand old age, where I've come to realize where one door closes, another opens...where a job proves not as challenging as we had hoped, we're freed for an unexpected adventure...where a lover leaves us, a much better one is 'round the corner (albeit, you may have to walk down a very long, mirrored hall to get to her/him). I've enjoyed reading your blog lately, keep up the good work!