Friday, July 13, 2007

Occupation: First Lady

Little-known fact: most presidents since the 70s release some form of their tax returns to the public.

Here's George W. Bush's tax return for last year. I'm not terribly surprised that he somehow managed to get a refund of over $19,000 while I owed over $500 this year, but whatever.

The part that amused me, however, is that Laura Bush's occupation is listed as "First Lady."

It is, indeed, a position that requires a shitload of work. It's also an unpaid position, however. Do stay-at-home moms list their occupation as "homemaker"? I'm honestly curious.

1 comments so far. Got something to say?

Perpetual Beginner said...

I don't know about other SAHMs, but I do list my occupation as homemaker. Or domestic engineer when I'm feeling snarky - quite rare when dealing with Iris.