Thursday, September 13, 2007

Should Diabetes Be Considered a Disability?

Interesting discussion......

On the one hand, I'm dependent on something grown in a lab in order to survive, but if insulin grew on trees and you could eat it like food (cause we're all dependent on food), would I be considered able-bodied?

I don't know, cause it takes blood sugar testing too - it takes an external device, external means that can't be grown on tress, in order for me to stay alive.

On the other hand, there are definately some days where the joke about me being one of the "special" people with a "condition" hits a little close to home, like when you have 10 units of insulin left for the last 10 hours of an international plane flight....

Believe me, you start feeling real "special"....

1 comments so far. Got something to say?

Unknown said...

Kameron..

You ARE special... But in more than just one manner of speaking

;)

-=T