Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Things That Just Aren't Going to Work

In general, in order to do 45 minutes of cardio after work, I have to take 2 units less insulin at lunch than usual.

Which would be great, except that by 2-3pm, I have the beginnings of a sugar headache and I'm starting to feel sluggish.

Thing is, I need to be at 200+ before working out so I don't fall over afterward. And I'd prefer to do that by taking less insulin at lunch instead of eating *more* right before working out (and *more* after working out just to get me home).

I so much prefer the two-units-less thing. Not sure why it's getting to me more these days. Maybe because I'm used to being so well controlled? Taking two less in Chicago worked pretty well. But then, I tended to work out *directly* after lunch.

Blarg.

Diabetes, yo. It fucking sucks. Expecially if you hate math.

1 comments so far. Got something to say?

Perpetual Beginner said...

Two units less at lunch, plus a smaller lunch, followed by a snack before working out?

Of course that might leave you too hungry to function in the afternoon. Hmmm.