Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More Reasons Not to Live in the Midwest

No power yet.

Every single place I passed on my route today that didn't have power yesterday?

Still didn't have power today.

I have not seen one power company truck in the last two days. Not one.

If I had a fireplace, this wouldn't be so annoying. But no fireplace means I can't cook tea or soup. Steph and the Old Man graciously invited me over to their place for dinner last night, since the entirety of my refrigerator is shot.

The only places that have power are:

1) People who never lost power in the first place
2) Hospitals
3) Oakwood, where the rich people live

The good news is!

At least the out of town cavalry is finally here.

There may be two whole stop lights working tomorrow.

2 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Jeremy said...

What are you doing about your insulin?? Doesn't that need to be refigerated?

Kameron Hurley said...

Room temp is OK. If the temp was over 86 degrees, tho, I'd be living at my friends' place in Oakwood until the power came back on.

It goes bad in about a day if left at temps above 86.

It's actually a good thing this happened during the fall and not in the middle of summer - or the middle of winter.