Monday, August 17, 2009

Real World Application of SF

It's all been an allegory for years on the page, but here's an example of folks putting SF tropes to good use in real world interactions.

2 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm behind but just saw your 6/29 blog about low-carb pasta. I'm diabetic too, and we use Dream Fields pastas. Only 5 digestible carbs per serving and tastes and has the texture af regular pasts. We live in a small town that doesn't carry it in the market so I order it from the internet. Love your blog.
Sal's Girl

Kameron Hurley said...

Hi Sal's Girl! Glad you like the blog. Not sure if you're a t1 or a t2, but as a type 1 diabetic, low glycemic foods still give me a blood sugar rush - it just builds up more slowly over time, so I have to take a shot at the meal and another hit 2 hours laters. Ends up being more trouble than it's worth.

So I'd still get the 41 carbs in that Dream Fields past serving - 5 of them within an hour and the other 35 over the next 3 hours, which would wreck havoc on the blood sugar. That's why the Tofu Shirataki noodles work so much better for me!

Thanks for the suggestion, tho!